Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Should I tell my friend that his house is dirty?

I went to the countryside to visit a friend of mine... he is a hard working big drinking type of a guy whom I've known since college ten years ago. Anyway, he invited me down to his new house he is renting - a huge 4-bedroomed villa. He showed me to his guest room and gave me use of his spare bathroom, and the use of a towel. However, I have felt horrible ever since as I immediately noticed how DIRTY his house was. All the kitchen floors were filty with crumbs and hair and food pieces, sink full of dirty dishes and cups. All the bathrooms were also filthy - toilets green with gunk, and sinks the same since he moved in a year ago. I was unsure if he gave me clean sheets on my bed, and the bath towel he gave me smelt like deodorant so I used my own one I brought just in case. Even the bathmat was black and felt like a piece of cardboard ingrained with dirt. During my stay my friend told me about his mate who rented a house and who got a housemaid for a few hours a week... should I suggest the same or say nothing? I'm not sure I ever want to stay with him again - would I be a better friend to tell him the truth about the way he lives or stay quiet?

0 comments:

Post a Comment